Site Meter

Saturday, May 19, 2007

A football match


This afternoon there was a football match being played at the new stadium at Wimbledon, the spiritual home of football, between the Chris Paul Eleven from Manchester, and a team South of Watford owned and financed by the Russian Mafia.

I went for a bath at the start of kick off, then made a cup of coffee at half time and went onto my computer. When I thought it was over, I checked the BBC website only to find that it had gone into extra time.

Second half of extra time Chelsea 1 Man Utd 0.

BBC reporter to Chelsea player: "How important is this win today?". Duh!

The agony and the ecstasy.

I thought the highlight was seeing Prince William's bald patch when he leaned forward to hand out the medals to the team that came second, Manchester United.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who came third?

jailhouselawyer said...

Henry the Third...