Site Meter

Monday, August 18, 2008

Wet rain is the worst...

Wet rain is the worst...

It doesn't rain but it pours. Just been to the optician's for my annual eye check. I got annoyed over the receptionist not asking whether I receive benefits, nor asking for proof, but saying my signing in book was not proof! It's proof enough for the Department of Works and Pensions who pay my Job Seekers Allowance. They ask if I have a letter from the DWP? I will have somewhere, but I tell them to forget it, I cannot be arsed being messed about. They did not tell me to bring any letter of proof, just gave me an appointment time. I was 10 minutes early. A manageress who had said it was not proof changed tack when I said forget it, but I was asked twice whether I was 100% sure that what I received was income-based Job Seeker's Allowance. Of course I'm sure!

My eyes did not appear to have changed in 12 months according to the tests, and so the good news is I don't need new glasses for reading or distance. The bad news is that the last test indicated that the pressure in my left eye has gone up from 15 to 21. I have had laser treatment for glaucoma in both eyes. With this it attacks the peripheral vision first and gradually closes in. The optician said I could be blind within 2 years.

It doesn't rain it pours. When I left the house it was just a drizzle, when I came out of the optician's there was a torrential downpour. My battered and worn out trainers soaked up the puddles, and very quickly my feet were sloshing about in sweaty socks. Probably just as well, I needed that encouragement to change them when I got back home. Tacky, sticky socks aren't nice. I've only worn them for a week...

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

Oh no! I am sorry to hear the bad news about your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Ganja is a good reliever of glaucoma, but I didn't tell you that