Site Meter

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Is the "81 Group" the National Front of the Tory party?

Is the "81 Group" the National Front of the Tory party?


I am reminded of squabbling children wanting to sit in the front passenger seat next to the driver, with the likes of Mark Pritchard the backbench Tory MP with his authoritarian, racial and nationalist views. But, Nick Clegg is firmly sat in the front passenger seat next to the driver David Cameron. "Babies and toddlers love to mimic mummy and daddy", especially driving the car. So David Cameron provided imitation steering wheels to keep his backbench MPs quiet.


I wonder how many car accidents have been caused by noisy and disruptive kids in the backseat?

Mark Prickhard imitates Gary Glitter as he sings "I'm the leader, I'm the leader, I'm the leader of the gang I am...".

I cannot help thinking that this internal squabbling in the Tory party, over the lack of frontbench seats to accommodate all those who think they should be sitting upfront, may well lead to none of them getting in the Cabinet after the next general election because the electorate may well think that it is the same old nasty party and will instead vote for Labour.

No comments: