Site Meter

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Good news and bad news

Good news and bad news

After firing lasers for about an hour into my left eye the consultant gave up and sought a second opinion. There followed scans and ultra sound and after a conflab it was decided to seek a third opinion.

Apparently there is a problem at the front and bottom of the eye, and a problem at the back of the eye and the lens isn't in the right place.

I need further corrective surgery in the next few weeks.

Belatedly I am told cataract surgery can sometimes make the glaucoma worse.

The senior consultant said it may not be possible to restore the lost vision.

The good news is that he registered me as disabled on the grounds of visually impaired.

If there is no improvement with my left eye, do I persevere with the low vision in my right eye or risk more cataract surgery?

No comments: