Site Meter

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Yesterday I received a phone call from Radio 5 Live asking me to take part in a show last night hosted by Stephen Nolan. The topic for discussion was the Law Commission Report on Murder, Manslaughter, and Infanticide. Whilst Stephan Nolan questioned some chap from the Law Commission on the subject, he seemed to think that he could then subject me to trial by radio which was off topic. I declined to allow him to get away with taking this liberty, and would question the BBC's legal authority to subject people to trial by radio. We have courts in this country to subject people to trials which are conducted within a legal framework, this allows for fairness and justice to be done. Although Stephen Nolan was unable to get his own way with me and act as judge, jury and executioner, he succeeded in subjecting another lifer on life licence to a hard time. I felt sorry for this lifer as he got mauled. It was a pity that a serious subject did not get the airing it deserved because of Stephen Nolan's abuse of his position. I trust that the BBC will now examine the conduct of Stephen Nolan, and take the appropriate action to prevent him from abusing other peoples civil, human and legal rights.

No comments: