Site Meter

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Just rambling.

As it's now 1.30 GMT, Thursday, yesterday I was speaking to Simon Irael, Home Affairs, Channel 4, about the prisoners votes case and that the Prison Reform Trust is preparing to submit its response to the Department for Constitutional Affairs. Basically, we are saying that the consultation process is legally flawed. I submitted my advice before the recent case in the High Court which Greenpeace won arguing that the consultation process for nuclear power was legally flawed. The legal principles are the same, so I do not anticipate any problems in the court if the government does not change its position. I also spoke to Duncan Campbell, a journalist at the Guardian and he is after some advice on the Criminal Justice System, in particular the overcrowded penal system.

On Tuesday, I saw my probation officer and he dropped the bombshell that he is being moved onto another job and that in two weeks time he will be introducing me to another one. The trouble with probation officers is that they are like a lucky dip. You might be lucky and get a good one, or unlucky and get a bad one like the one before last. If he or she cocks up, you might suddenly find yourself arrested and recalled to prison even if you have not committed any offence. They only have to believe that your risk level has become unacceptable. There has to be a relationship of trust for it to work out. Just when I was getting along fine, I will have to go through a period of uncertainty.

Last night I watched a programme on BBC 2, about a 14 year old boy who has Aspergers Syndrome. He is one of 4 children with it in a family of 7 children, no father about he had buggered off, but at least he has a wonderful and understanding mother. I had seen it before, but this time I was concentrating more and relating to the symptoms. The first time I missed the significance of diet and how certain foods or ingredients make matters worse. For me it is like a roller coaster ride, the ups and downs of managing my own life and trying to walk through the life outside without coming into conflict with anybody. When two worlds collide there is conflict. I am constantly having to watch out for something that will trigger my dog Rocky into mischief. I can usually avoid the situation by watching his body language and pre-empt him chasing after a cyclist, jogger, postman or whatever. I have heard or read that dogs are supposed to be colourblind, I do not believe this as Rocky takes exception to people wearing Day Glow Green, Orange or Yellow jackets.

I'm feeling tired now, I'm off to bed.

No comments: