Site Meter

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dizzy Stinks

Phil Hendren the author of Dizzy Thinks and a Tory, has posted an attack entitled "Forget the 'blogosphere' it doesn't matter" upon Alan Drew the author of the Daily Propaganda and a Tory. The latter's post is entitled "Forget the personalities, the sleaze, the dirty tricks; they do not matter". According to the Daily Propaganda, all that matters is the Party. And, he describes this as a machine at one stage. However, as I understand it, the Tory Party is not an unthinking machine, rather it is a collection of right wing thinking personalities. Whilst I understand that his argument is rather simplistic, his message is that they should be pulling in the same direction as a team. The team spirit in my view is demoralised, the Labour Party delivered a soul destroying blow. I get the image of a chicken running about without its head on.

That Phil Hendren is arrogant is easy to see when he states with poor English "myself" before a list of names when it should have come at the end of the list. So, he does fill himself with his self importance. Even though he pretends that he does not, by claiming that the blogosphere isn't special because he isn't special. However, in my view the blogosphere is influential because of the influence of certain bloggers even though he is not influential himself. He has this quote in his header "Influential and news breaking...Thoughtful rather than ranting" - Iain Dale. He has made the mistake of letting what a proven liar and hypocrite say go to his head. What is thoughtful rather than ranting about this comment from Phil Hendren "I think at this point the drill is too I advise you to fuck off". Again notice the poor use of the English language. "Dizzy thinks. And then blogs. A lot of us do it the other way round" - Croydonian. No evidence of Dizzy Thinks there before he blogged. I would argue that his fingers jerk in the same way that some politicians knee-jerk. Another example might be this "etc etc", I am sure one "etc" would suffice. I doubt that other bloggers will like the unthinking Dizzy Thinks calling them "Nazis". And what about this comment from Phil Hendren aka Dizzy Thinks "Oh how very droll. Fuck off before I post your email address on alt.flame"?

Methinks he is not a very nice man at all. And, the Tories wonder why the electorate do not trust them. I think that personalities do matter. A side effect of the Great Flood in Hull was that raw sewage was brought up from the drains. Dizzy Stinks. But, so do a lot of other Tories.

17 comments:

dizzy said...

hahahahah. J R Hartley wins again!

dizzy said...

God Outlook Express is such a sucky Usenet client. Time to revert back to tin.

Tim said...

I think the reason Dizzy constantly reassures us that teh blogosphere doesn't matter and/or doesn't exist is to calm anyone who might get worried when he constantly busies himself burning corners of it down.

I did, however, enjoy the subtlety of his comment (above) suggesting that he is right now in the process of posting your email address to alt-flame

BTW, his experience in Usenet appears vast... but then, it is quote possible that has for many years used a ingenious range of sock-puppets for interaction with these online communities... which neither matter nor exist.

dizzy said...

*shakes head*

dizzy said...

Tim, it's not "quite possible", it's bloody obvious that I've used pseudonyms. I used to be an IRCop on channels on Dalnet years ago under one name, and a mod elsewhere under another. I've posted on Usenet with many different names as well. So bloody what? What exactly is the issue with it?

Oh yes, and on this "does not exist" crap. I'm sorry that you don't understand what I mean by it, but I shall explain it again. I think that the term the "blogosphere" is a made up term for a social space that is no different to the ones that came before it in the last 25 years. Hence I don't consider it to be a particularly "real" thing, and I certainly don't delude myself into thiking it is a changing force. The changing force is throughput and protocol compression because without access the web is pointless. Websites like yours and mine are just that. Websites. Pretty much unchanged since the first CGI enabled websites appeared. A "blog" is merely a website with a guestbook script.

Tim said...

The issue, Dizzy, arises when you use different identities to dupe others, agree with yourself and/or run with opinions/behaviour that you would rather not be attached to.

On this point, when it comes down to your upcoming election campaign, will you be hosting your campaign site at dizzythinks.net?

With online communities, if I take you at your word, you appear to suffer from a stunted understanding of how people interact and how this has undergone rolling changes since the introduction of the internet (and the telephone, and the television, and the satellite, etc.)

I'm not sure if this limited understanding is limited to our use of these (yes, limited) networks... but just in case it does, I'm going to take your self-centered and cavalier attitude into account and taunt you with a made-up word that I think describes you perfectly; esociopath

HAND

dizzy said...

It would be entirely sad to post and gree with yourself. I have however had an argument with myself on a forum at 6am once when all the yanks were asleep. Annoyingly I lost. On you're other point I consider most of what you're saying to be grounded in over-exuberant marketing bollocks.

More importantly though, what upcoming election campaign?

Tim said...

"On you're other point I consider most of what you're saying to be grounded in over-exuberant marketing bollocks."

Tut. Your prejudice is showing. Were you mauled by a markeing consultant as a baby or something?

Are you not the same Phil Hendren who is the Conservative candidate for Plumstead?

(I would have asked this question long before, but feared a Praguetory-style 'stalker' outburst. Happily, Iain Dale's recent CC now negates that possibility.)

dizzy said...

No Tim, I wasn't mauled. I'm BOFH, it's really that simple.

Are you not the same Phil Hendren who is the Conservative candidate for Plumstead?

Was Tim, was. It was the May 2006 Council elections and I agreed to do it in the safe Labour seat in which I lived. I may or may not do it again (although I may not be living there by then though).

As to the stalker thing, I wouldn't accuse you of that. I'm pretty sure we've both Googled each other and the above is on the Greenwich Conservatives website. Wasn't a secret either, I mean I posted about it when I lost.

Tim said...

Re: BOFH

No, you're not up yourself at all, are you?

Re: "I may or may not do it again"

OK, I'll rephrase the question:

When you ran in 2006 did you make it clear to voters where your main website was (IIRC at that stage it was at the blogspot incarnation of your current site) and if you run again, will you make it clear to voters where your main website is?

Re: "As to the stalker thing, I wouldn't accuse you of that."

Ah, yes... but have you done so in the past?

[John, this is getting a tad O/T and runs the risk of going OTT. Do let us know when we wear out our welcome.]

dizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dizzy said...

Above post was removed due to typos.

Oh, I'm well up my own arse and redirecting everything to /dev/null at every opportunity.

Re: the election. I didn't say I had a website, and at the time my blog was, well, it was nothing but a mismash of random thoughts of about two months and at the time I had not even decided if I would keep it going. So, no, I didn't tell anyone about it because frankly I don't think I had an obligation too. Now you may have a different view on that and might possuibly consider it as evidence of a massive deception upon the electorate. For me I just think it was a website I was playing with at the time like many, and it was little different to a forum really, I was also getting a massive 20 -40 hits a day and most of them were me fixing my typos.

Would I tell people about my site if I stood again? Of course I would. It would be detailed on leaflets making it clear it was a personal site and not an official party site of course, but yes, I am not afraid of my views, or what I say.

I don't know if I've accused you of being a stalker in the past Tim. I addled my mind with so many drugs in the past that I sometimes can't even remember what I've posted about by the evening. You tell me.

dizzy said...

Actually change that, if I stood again and I had a website for the campaign I would link to my personal one. I;m not sure, legally, speaking I would be allowed to link to my personal site on electoral literature as they would carry a legend as per Electoral Commission rules and it would then become an associated part. I would have to check the rules I guess, but I certainly wouldn't pretend I didn't have a website.

jailhouselawyer said...

Tim: No problem. I am enjoying the exchange.

Tim said...

Re: site then/now and candidacy then/future

That seems like a fair enough position to me.

Re: the 'stalker' label

Now, why would I ask a question like that unless I already knew the answer?

:o)

I clearly recall it, but I'm honour-bound not to mention it. And at that, I think we can for the first time both walk away happy.

dizzy said...

Well quite, it was a rather obvious question.

I'm still bemused about this whole notion of anonymous posting and your general concerns with it though. Perhaps I will expand on the subject in writing at some point.

dizzy said...

One other thing befor I go to the Tube though. I always walk away happy. If I let a flame war get to me then I would start worrying.