Site Meter

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Is this man fit to be a judge?

Is this man fit to be a judge?



MPs' expenses: Humfrey Malins claimed £58,000 for flat in which his children lived

Humfrey Malins, a Conservative MP who serves as a Crown Court judge, has claimed £58,000 in taxpayer-funded expenses for a flat in which his children have stayed rent-free.


I admit I had never heard of Humfrey Malins until today. He has recently announced his intention to leave parliament at the next general election. No mention of the expenses scandal here: "I want to stand down at a time when hopefully some people will say 'We’re sorry to see you go', rather than 'We thought you’d gone ages ago'".

I cannot say I am sorry to see him go. However, I can understand why it is thought he can no longer serve as an MP. I fail to see how someone who is not fit to be a MP because of a expenses scandal can be fit to remain as a judge? The situation could occur whereby Humphrey Malins has to sit in judgment on a case of fraud...

Surely, Humphrey Malins must tender his resignation and no longer sit as a judge?

3 comments:

pinky said...

I could not agree with your statement more. I am constituent of Mr Malin in Woking and am appalled by his blatent ptofiteering at my expense. I commute to London from Woking every day (no seat - just the floor for this poor pleb) so why the hell cant he?

Anonymous said...

I haven't got the luxury of my own seat at my own PC! My misses has stuffed it full with clean washing! I have to sit on the feckin' edge of the seat as I type! Why should these plebs have a whole expense account at their mercy?

Anonymous said...

Numpty Humfrey sat on a wall
Numpty Humfrey had a great fall
All the King's horses and all the King's men said
"Ahh, fuckit, not another bent politician again....."