Site Meter

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lord Levy releases a criminal record...


Iain Dale asks: Will Lord Levy Sing Like a Canary?

To the tune of Waltzing Maltilda

This commenter posts:

nick drew said...

Of course he will sing ...

Once a lordly bagman sat by his tennis court
Under the shade of the patronage tree
And he sang as he watched and waited for the nouveaux riches
“Who’ll buy a peerage? Apply now to me!

Chorus

Who’ll buy a peerage? Who’ll buy a peerage?
Who’ll buy a peerage? Apply now to me!”
And he sang as he watched and waited for the nouveaux riches
“Who’ll buy a peerage? Apply now to me!”

Down came a punter to buy himself a baronet
Up jumped the bagman and fleeced him with glee
And he sang as he shoved the moolah in his money-bag
“Tennis with Tony, and lunch with Cherie!”

Chorus Tennis with Tony! etc

Up rode Inspector Yates mounted on his motorbike
Down came the coppers one, two, three
“What’s all that dosh you’ve been shoving in your money-bag?
You’re coming down to the station with me!”

Chorus Down to the station! etc

Up jumped the bagman and made a call to Number 10
“If I go down, I will take you with me!”
And his boast may be heard as you pass by that tennis court
“Who’ll buy a peerage? Apply now to me!”

Chorus Who’ll buy a peerage? etc

April 22, 2007 6:15 PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A prize pratt and a corrupt one at that.