Site Meter

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tomato to the cause


Tomato to the cause

Following on from this, it did take me exactly an hour to walk to Priory Road police station getting there at 2.05pm. Detective Constable Gooder greeted me in reception and was pleased that I was punctual. He said that my solicitor had phoned to say he would be there in a few minutes. He was 5 minutes late arriving at 2.20pm! Jeff Toolman spent about 5 minutes with the police getting the gist of the alleged racist material on my blog, and then the police left the room and I was then for the first time able to see what all the fuss was about. See my original post here. And plod update here.

The post which had led the police to investigate me is here. But, nothing to do with the original complaint, the police also questioned me in relation to this post.

In relation to the first it was suggested that I might be trying to stir up racial hatred, and in the second case that I was being offensive and it is immaterial whatever my intent if racial hatred is actually stirred up and somebody is offended by what I have written.

I got the impression that the police were just going through the motions because somebody had complained. And, the police said that the file would be sent off to the Crown Prosecution Service to see if I am to be charged. My solicitor said that they wouldn't dare because it would turn me into a martyr.

At least I managed to get my solicitor to give me a lift home. However, I did leave my woolly hat and gloves on some car in the car park after I came out and rolled my first fag since the third degree.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was Rod Stewart doing with a guide dog anyway?

As to the original cause for the complaint, I always get the impression these things are a bit one way - if you or I were to say Ramadan was evil, we'd get slated and if someone was to have a jibe at us as (by default I suppose) Christians I don't suppose they would be accused of Racism. Fact is, Islam is a religion and not a race and therefore by definition any related comment is obviously not, per se, racist. Any more than to make a similar comment regarding someone being a Christian would be racist.

jailhouselawyer said...

Richard: Rod Stewart originates from Scotland, as I am English, I will not say anything racist about those people North of England.

The point you make was also made by my solicitor, he said that he found the original statements made by the Muslim lawyer to be more offensive than my response highlighting his extremism.

I suspect that the complainant is not a Muslim but an English extreme right wing blogger trying to silence me.

Anonymous said...

Yep, even jock straps are now called athletic supports I believe.

jailhouselawyer said...

Richard: LOL. And my Thick Irish sausages are now just Thick even if the pigs they are made from are Irish!

Tim said...

"I suspect that the complainant is not a Muslim but an English extreme right wing blogger trying to silence me."

I share your suspicions.

If it's who I think it is, then he's not only a coward, but a hypocrite.

jailhouselawyer said...

Tim: Do you recall when all that shit was going down and you and Unity came to my rescue? I read comments that said all they wanted to do was get me back in prison. If I was to take a guess, I'd say it was him who used to blog as "The Hitch".

Tim said...

PS - Re: "Dirty f**king Muslims"

You're not doing yourself any favours, John. I felt offended reading that, for a number of reasons.

You attacker is still a coward and most likely a hypocrite, but the police had a point flagging that themselves.

Tim said...

I do recall, and the half-a-man who used to blog as "The Hitch" now blogs as "The Beast Of Clerkenwell", but I refuse to speculate.

jailhouselawyer said...

Tim: During the interview, I agreed that I had gone too far with that. I was angry. I have taken flak from Muslims in Pearson Park when Rocky sniffs too near to them. I am explaining, not defending, you understand?

Tim said...

No, I don't understand. But instead of discussing it with you, I am going to waste police time with a grudge complaint...

jailhouselawyer said...

Tim: If I have to defend anything, I will do so in court. I don't have a problem with explaining something. It's just that sometimes people accuse me of trying to defend when I am not but only explaining. For example, landlady, I cannot defend what I did. I can only explain what happened and why.

You will not be wasting police time that is a criminal offence, rather you would be doing a public service. I think "anonymous" is wasting police time with this complaint. And, I said as much during the interview.

Tim said...

I was kidding, JHL. Sorry to tease after the day you've had.

jailhouselawyer said...

Tim: I haven't had a bad day. I have had worse. Of course I have concerns. However, I am more concerned about the state of the internet and what all this could mean to freedom of speech and blogging.

Anonymous said...

According to my statcounter I haven't had a visit from the Met on my blog yet. WHY? What's wrong with me? Do I smell? (don't answer that)
I am dissapointed.

BTW: Maneatingcheesesandwich is back on the scene. A long awaited reprise. I have missed his presence. I thought that he was gone forever!

BTW you are in no way, shape or form a tomato. (martyr?)

PS The parcel of Halal pork sausages which you asked me to order for you from my butcher is sitting in my freezer waiting for you to pick up. £8.75 you owe me to date.

Anonymous said...

maybe your adjective of them re the dog expressed your disgust, not that you think they match that adjective.

Anonymous said...

Surely, what you said in your posts are not as harmful to Muslims as people blogging in support of Gaza's bombardment (something you vehemently opposed). I wonder why your complainant didn't complain about those supporting the bombing of Gaza.