Site Meter

Friday, January 23, 2009

Watch this space

Watch this space

I had just rolled out of bed at 9.30 this morning and was sat on the edge smoking a roll up when Victors called me on my mobile. He said that he was in the city centre and that he would be calling into see me in about 20 minutes. He gave me my belated Christmas present that he had bought in Argos, a gold Sekonda watch. He also brought a bottle of Russian vodka and a couple of cartons of black grape juice to drink with it. Whilst he cracked open the bottle of vodka, I drank a cup of tea. Then we took Rocky for his morning walk, and I popped into my butcher's shop on Newland Avenue for 2lb of bacon that does not shrivel up in the pan when fried. And, we popped into a jeweller's and Victors paid the £4 to have some links taken out of the strap to make the watch fit my slim wrist. Rocky is still limping on his right paw and I need to ring up the PDSA for an appointment for them to investigate what is causing him the distress. I fry some bacon for breakfast and join Victors for a drink. When the bottle of vodka is empty, Victors announces he is going home because he is drunk. I am not drunk just merry. I will not try to keep up with Victors alcohol intake. When he goes I can get back to my blogging.

UPDATE: Rocky has an appointment for 12.30pm on Monday.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

Concerned about Rocky here and know you need the vet's opinion but what do you yourself think has caused it?

I'll check back in here.

jailhouselawyer said...

James: It could be a shard of broken glass from one of the bottles which idiots around here like to break and leave lying around. There again, it could be a touch of Arthur Itis even though he is not that old.

CherryPie said...

I hope Rocky is OK!

Russian Vodka is the best, to nice to drink so much you get drunk on it!