Site Meter

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

BBC lawyers to pursue dishonest Mark Leech

BBC lawyers to pursue dishonest Mark Leech

The BBC lawyers are to pursue the con man Mark Leech who features in this post, because it has emerged that not only has Mark Leech plagiarised a story from the BBC, the whole front page of Converse has been plagiarised from the BBC!

The cheek of the man! It is understood that Mark Leech has threatened to sue John Roberts of Inside Time for defamation of "good character". Do people of good character steal the words that someone else has written, and the copyright is owned by the BBC? I note that Mark Leech has not claimed authorship of the articles, nevertheless as the owner and editor of ConVerse he is legally liable for its content.

In the first edition in December, Mark Leech writes "Welcome to ConVerse...it will chart a whole new era of honesty and relevance in the field of prison publishing". Are you having a laugh? And more of the same bollocks here "Welcome to ConVerse, the only national monthly prisons legal newspaper, which will change the way that things are done, and introduce an honesty and truthfulness into prisons and those who write about them which has been sadly lacking".

Mind you, perhaps it is me that is old fashioned? Given that David Cameron has stated that it is alright for parents to lie to the education authorities to try and get their kids in the best schools. What kind of example is he setting? Perhaps, Mark Leech can plagiarise material for the speeches given by the Nasty Party?

I do like a man of his word, my word is my bond kind of thing. "My Personal Pledge:– “If I wouldn’t send a member of my family to a particular law firm for their advice, I promise I will not advertise that law firm to you – period”". He forgot to add, unless of course I collect my 30 pieces of silver from that law firm to pay for the advert.

No comments: