Site Meter

Friday, January 11, 2008

Just another crime statistic

Just another crime statistic



Well I didn't know who was following me from the cash point this morning as I put my benefit money into my wallet, but the next thing I know is that as four 13-15 year old girls rushed past me one of them grabbed my wallet and they all ran off towards Pearson Park (which I am prevented from entering because of bail restrictions in relation to the alleged incident with Rocky). At 57 I am no longer the athlete I was and even without the bail restriction it is doubtful I could have successfully recovered my wallet and contents. I have already called my bank to cancel the debit cards and phoned the police non-emergency telephone number to report the theft and be given a crime number in exchange.

I have become just another crime statistic.

UPDATE: The police phoned my mobile phone from the Pearson Park police station to ask if I had lost a wallet. I responded not exactly it was stolen. In any event, it was thrown away in the park area and someone found it and posted it through the police station letter box. Naturally, it was minus the cash and the debit cards. Oddly, my birth certificate was also missing. I have an appointment to view some mugshots tomorrow. I am not optimistic given that they we wearing hoodies.


Photo: Hat-Tip Iain Dale's Diary.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear that: you do seem to be having a run of crappy luck at the moment - hope 2008 improves soon

jailhouselawyer said...

rachel: Hi. As you say, I am having a run of bad luck at the moment. However, some friends invited me to dinner last night and reimbursed me for my financial loss. Just as well because I did not have a penny to my name, and had no clue how I was going to last for 2 weeks until the next pay out.

Rachel said...

That's good news. Hope your luck has turned.

I hope your dog feels calmer soon too. Maybe he needs to stay on his lead until he has settled, to avoid potential trouble for you both? Sometimes they act up for a period and then calm down later, some places do free dog training classes as well, which can really help iron out behavioural problems - it looks good as well.

Anonymous said...

Fuckin' little toerags. Hope they get mugged by their pimp.