Site Meter

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sour grapes?


Sour grapes?

"A successful accountant is suing Marks and Spencer for £300,000 after he slipped on a rogue grape in the car park of a store".

"Alexander Martin-Sklan, 55, has launched a damages case at High Court claiming the accident had left him depressed and lacking confidence which caused his business to nose-dive".

"Mr Martin-Sklan says that poor cleaning practices at the store meant a grape became stuck to his shoe during his shopping trip and caused him to slip and fall, rupturing his quadriceps tendon, as he pushed his trolley to the car".

If I was the judge, I think I would have one hell of a job keeping a straight face hearing how the slipping on a grape caused depression and lack of confidence. I think a better explanation is that his business started to nose dive, he started to get depressed and lose confidence. Therefore, M&S becomes the target for a confidence trick. The old slip on a banana skin is updated to the grape...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had that been you or me I think they would have said something like "Fuck OOOOFFFFF"