Site Meter

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Madeleine McCann's parents being investigated for negligence


Madeleine McCann's parents being investigated for negligence

"Portuguese police are investigating the possibility that the parents of Madeleine McCann were negligent when they left their daughter alone in their unlocked holiday apartment on the night she went missing".

This is good news that the PJ are considering going after the McCanns for the offences of child neglect and/or child abandonment.

However, it is disappointing that the PJ are being prevented from accessing the Phone calls and text messages sent.

If the McCanns have, according to Clarence Mitchell, received this as legal advice, that leaving 3 children under the age of 4 unsupervised while the parents go out binge drinking is “well within the bounds of responsible parenting”, I would get myself another lawyer as this advice is clearly negligent.

UPDATE: More on the story here.

1 comment:

Barnacle Bill said...

If I were a suspect/witness in an incident where one of my children had gone missing, and here is the big IF - if I had nothing to hide I would volunteer any information that might clear me.
Regardless of any personal embarrassment my child's life would be my priority.