Site Meter

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PC in un-PC Jungle law row

PC in un-PC Jungle law row

A highly successful traffic officer has been sacked over an alleged racist remark after being overheard saying a suspect was being "sent back to the jungle".

I don't support racism or racists. The remark may well have been mildly racist, or even black humour, in any event, I feel that the response is somewhat disproportionate to the alleged offence.

I often think and refer to it being a jungle outside my front door. Only the other day, I referred to my area of expertise as being my jungle.

I think this kind of record and dedication requires a more balanced penalty?

"The 30-year-old Essex Police officer is said to have made 1,000 arrests in eight years and more than any other officer in his force last year".

In this economic climate good coppers are a rarity.

Spare a copper Guv?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just read the full article as I thought i might be missing something but I am still just as perplexed. I could find no indications of the racial origins of the suspect in question, or where the suspect in question was actually being sent, to prison? deported (and if so where)?

Surely a simple reference to something as abstract as "the jungle" is not in the slightest racist if there is no context. Is it racist to "send someone to Coventry", or to tell someone to "go to hell". For pity's sake, unless there was something substantially more insulting here this is totally detached from reality. I suggest these imbeciles look up racism in the dictionary. what a farce.

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, I never expected some sort of Spanish Inquisition"

DADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again......."

Anonymous said...

I'll bet HE didn't expect some sort of spanish Inquisition

Anonymous said...

For God's sake, just don't bring out the comfy chair. anything but that.