Site Meter

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Don't be fooled by the power of the blog

Don't be fooled by the power of the blog

Guido Fawkes may have stirred up trouble, but the mainstream media made it a political event

The Yiddish word chutzpah is usually defined as a boy who kills both his parents then pleads for mercy on the ground that he is an orphan. I'd suggest a more contemporary use of the word. The idea of Paul Staines - the man behind the Guido Fawkes blog - portraying himself as a truth-seeking political hero crusading against smears and lies is rich in chutzpah.

Because for all the genuine exposés on Mr Staines' site, there are any number of untruths. I know this because some have been about me.


This article supports my view that a combination of the MSM and blogosphere is where the news is at. This is why I don't condemn Iain Dale for embracing both mediums, even though I may condemn him for his hypocrisy and lies and some of his writings.

No comments: