Site Meter

Monday, April 27, 2009

Nick Clegg says MPs should be allowed to be benefit cheats

Nick Clegg says MPs should be allowed to be benefit cheats



The Lib Dem leader has urged his fellow party leaders to back his plans for reforming MPs' second-homes allowances.

Nick Clegg's proposals would see the allowance replaced with expenses for only basic utility bills, council tax and either rent or mortgage interest.


MPs get over £60,000 basic salary per year. They are not poor enough to expect the taxpayer to pay for their utility bills. I have to pay mine out of my £60 per week Jobseekers Allowance.

1 comment:

Barnacle Bill said...

The piggies should be forced to get a second job when they're away from the trough for their summer hols.
My boss certainly doesn't give me a handout to keep me going till the next pay day.