Site Meter

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BNP whites only policy in legal challenge

BNP whites only policy in legal challenge

The Equality and Human Rights Commission is taking legal action against the British National Party over concerns about its admissions policy.

"The Commission issued county court proceedings against the party after voicing concerns in June about the BNP's constitution and membership criteria".

"The BNP responded by saying that it intended to clarify the word ''white'' on its website".

I look forward to seeing exactly what this clarification entails. Non-black maybe?

3 comments:

James Higham said...

I'm not even white myself. I'm a sort of pinky splotchy.

Anonymous said...

Well James living in Spain I am at the moment very tanned, so I guess I do not count either.

I was thinking maybe Albino like would be allowed...but there again is that racism.? I shall ponder on.


IRONSIDE

freedom of speech said...

"I look forward to seeing exactly what this clarification entails. Non-black maybe?"

Well I am sure you are just as intrigued by the National Black Police Associations (NBPA) disclaimer on its website containing the reassuring statement: “The definition of ‘Black’ does not refer to skin colour.” Right. (Although whites can now, as a fairly recent development, join as "associate" members, that is half members with no voting rights are say.)

If its good enough for the NBPA why not the BNP?