Site Meter

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blackberry Bank Holiday Weekend

Blackberry Bank Holiday Weekend

After breakfast it is my intention to spend several hours picking blackberries. I have already made 3 lots of jam with 9lb of berries. It now takes longer and they are harder to find and more difficult to access. When I get back I will make a couple of blackberry pies, and in the evening I will visit some friends for dinner and for sweet we will have a pie. I do have some apples to make blackberry and apple pies later.

5 comments:

Barnacle Bill said...

And there's me thinking you were upgrading to a Blackberry instead of eating them.
Enjoy the meal.

CherryPie said...

They sound delicious. I hope you enjoy your evening with friends :-)

Devonshire Dumpling said...

A blackberry and apple pie? oh my!!! are you including "runny custid"? If so, I'm on my way up to gatecrash you. See you about 9pm.

James Higham said...

Do you remember?

jailhouselawyer said...

Hi BB: I wouldn't mind setting up a Blackberry farm...

Cherrypie: I managed to get 3 x tubs @ 3lb in 3 hours. Sore with scratches and nettle stings. But with ice cream or cream they're worth it.

DD: You will have to visit with Cherrypie and sample my home cooking.

James: You missed an earlier post in which I mentioned your visit last year.