Site Meter

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mafia boss wins right to visit the lavatory without being filmed

Mafia boss wins right to visit the lavatory without being filmed

Jailed Mafia godfathers have the right to go to the lavatory without being filmed, an Italian court has ruled.



Judge Giovanna Di Rosa accepted Salvatore Lo Piccolo's argument that he should be able to use the bathroom without being filmed and he was "entitled to his privacy".

She added that by filming him, Lo Piccolo was being "subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment" - a decision that has outraged members of a group for victims of the Mob.


Some years ago in Wakefield Prison Segregation Unit I recall that we were allowed to have a shit in private behind a half door, but a screw would watch us having a shower. On one occasion I recall a screw calling me a dirty bastard as I deliberately pulled back my foreskin, and would bend over to expose my third eye. I responded that he was the pervert for standing there and watching me having a shower. I don't believe that it was done for security purpose but instead designed to humiliate. So, to embarrass a screw in this way was a little victory.

No comments: