Site Meter

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Music Lives On: Now The Mines Have Gone the Best of Colliery Bands

The Music Lives On: Now The Mines Have Gone the Best of Colliery Bands



Track listing

* 1 The Champions - Desford Colliery
* 2 William Tell - Grimethorpe Colliery
* 3 Russian Dance - Point of Ayr
* 4 Concerto de Aranjuez - Betteshanger Brass
* 5 Songs of the Tyne - Bearpark and Esh - Durham
* 6 He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother - Hatfield (Powerfuel)
* 7 New World Symphony - Grimethorpe Colliery
* 8 The Day thou Gavest - Newbridge
* 9 La Danza - Ellington
* 10 Bayview - Buckhaven
* 11 Jerusalem - Grimethorpe Colliery
* 12 You Needed Me - Thoresby Colliery
* 13 Lightwalk - Carlton Main (Frickley)
* 14 Songs Of The Quay - Thoresby Colliery
* 15 McArthur Park - Grimethorpe Colliery

Call me sentimental. I bought the CD today having seen it advertised on TV. I have already played it twice.

3 comments:

CherryPie said...

That sounds like a great CD. The brass band from my school competed against some of those bands in competitions. It brings back memories for me. I used to go along and listen to the competitions, my brother played the double bass in the school band.

I played in the concert band which was a different thing all together.

Unknown said...

jhl, I might have to check that out too. A tradition we wouldn't want to lose.

Mark said...

Wow your list is amazing., this just makes you want to turn back the time...