Site Meter

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sleazy Tories?


Sleazy Tories?

Iain Dale blogs this.

Chris Paul responds here.

Chris Paul comments:

I agree with you Iain! I'll say that again: I agree with you Iain! But I can count a baker's dozen of Tories who have done far far worse both in terms of amount and potential influence and list some of them here. You are of course included in the graphic, albeit with a question mark, as the proud reporter of the Davis expenses which later somethingly unravelled. Nothing to do with you I'm sure. But strict liability and all that.

As for Grim Up North suggesting that planning permissions in Glasgow - often years ago - were expedited in some way by Wendy Alexander in return for £1500? That is extraordinarily defamatory and silly IMO. Unless that is you know something we don't Susan?

If so you should tell Iain or he should take your comment down as a precaution.

Landowners with sensible schemes in the correct urban zones for those schemes get planning permission. Without giving small change to junior pollies with no infliuence over those (semi-judicial) decisions. Ridiculous.

June 28, 2008 3:55 PM

Iain Dale responds with his comment:

Chris Paul, Be very careful. My registration of David Davis's donations were entirely correct and above board, so I would be very careful about insinuating any different. There was a technical error by his Association on a donation before the previous election, which, as you may remember, was well before my time.

June 28, 2008 4:25 PM

Handbags at dawn? A bun fight? Warning shots fired...

No comments: