Site Meter

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Call me Mister

Call me Mister

I'll not mince my words. Mr Linsay Hoyle MP is a Labour Tosser. I must admit that I had not heard of him. Until today, that is. Apparently, he has spat his dummy out over a newspaper report Prison staff are being made to address inmates, including sex offenders and violent criminals, as "Mr". "It is an absolute disgrace. It is as though the inmates have taken over the asylum. We ought to remember it is the prisoners that have done wrong, not the prison officers".

Mr Lindsay Hoyle is a Blairite loyalist. It is an absolute disgrace that he was in support of the illegal war in Iraq.

Comparing requiring prison officers in a Category "C" prison to call prisoners Mr and the Strangeways riot when prisoners took control for 23 days is absurd.

No doubt the prisoners will remember who has done wrong in the Iraq war, Cash for Honours and BAE/Saudi arms scandal?

Mr Lindsay Hoyle will do well to remember that prisons can only operate with the good will of prisoners. Being polite costs nothing.

I found this amusing in the Daily Telegraph "This latest example of prisoners' treatment comes a fortnight after it was revealed inmates across Lancashire, including Wymott, Preston, Lancaster, Garth and Kirkham jails, can buy privileges from a catalogue". I can reveal that prisoners have been doing this since the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Mr Lindsay Hoyle should stick to tossing pancakes, it would appear that it is all he is good at.

1 comment:

UBERMOUTH said...

What priveledges can they buy? Peerages?
I think that awful that they have to do that!

I think that taking away someone's freedom for crimes committed, nevermind some crimes that are-should not be punishable by incarceration, should be all.

You have to wonder at the mentality of people who want to be prison guards to begin with.I dated one once who was a real goof.