Site Meter

Saturday, September 27, 2008

How to cut your energy bills


How to cut your energy bills

"Householders will have to economise on lighting and heating as fuel bills soar this winter - and the Government's new package will do little to help".

Gordon Brown unveiled plans to help households with rising energy bills but many experts warn people not to put their trust in politicians and to act now to beat the winter blues.

I haven't put my trust in politicians, rather I spoke to a friend of mine this morning and he offered to pay my gas bills to get me through the Winter. Whilst financial institutions can get bailed out by governments using taxpayers money, if I had to wait for Gordon Brown to rescue me hell would have frozen over first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jailhouselawyer,

Those on benefits are entitled to the winter fuel allowance of £200 as are pensioners.