Site Meter

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kiefer Sutherland: how prison changed me

Kiefer Sutherland: how prison changed me

Kiefer Sutherland found stardom as 24’s Jack Bauer, but years of hellraising culminated in him spending last Christmas in an LA prison

It is, perhaps, to Kiefer Sutherland’s great credit (and also rather ironic) that even though his latest film is called Mirrors, he isn’t a fan of them. Unlike some Hollywood narcissists, he’s uncomfortable, for example, in restaurants with mirrored walls. “They bother the sh** out of me,” he says. In his house, a vast converted ironworks in LA’s unfashionable Silver Lake district, he has just one mirror that he keeps in his ­bathroom for essential maintenance checks. “I mean, you have to be ready for work and stuff. But I’ve never been thrilled by my own reflection. To be honest, I try to avoid it.”

More here.

No comments: