Site Meter

Friday, September 26, 2008

Thank heaven for little girls?

Thank heaven for little girls?

It is not surprising that the Evangelist Tony Alamo has caused the authorities in America to be concerned. It would appear that no young girl is safe in his company when he expresses this view "Consent is puberty".

In spite of the seriousness of the story, I allowed myself a little laugh when I discovered that Tony Alamo's organisation the Christian Ministries has its HQ in a place called tiny Fouke, Arkansas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jailhouselawyer,

Very alarming ....

May I asked which Barnado's Home you were raised in ?

jailhouselawyer said...

Different ones, but I spent the longest period in Glenfield, Leicestershire.

Anonymous said...

Fouke, Arkansas. Does anyone remember the 1970's pseudo documentary film "The Legend of Boggy Creek" about a bigfoot style beast that roamed the woods of Fouke? Seems there is more than one monster roaming the locality!

Anonymous said...

jailhouselawyer,

A good friend, a lawyer, was a Barnado's boy. His mother tragically died at birth.

Anonymous said...

My God! I remember going to the Barnado's Home in Glenfield (where I lived between approx 1955 - 1962) to pick up other children that were going to Sunday School. I would think it would be the Sunday School at St Peter's (Church of England), which was crap but it could have been the Methodist one which was quite lively. I remember the Methodist people as very kind and I went to the Youth Club they ran when I was about 9 years old.

I was born May 1951 so we are contemporaries. I went to the infants and junior schools there - did you go, John? I can't remember any children from the Barnado's Home. I remember being envious of you all living in that grand place. They didn't have the monopoly on abuse, if that's any comfort.

Jane in Fife