Site Meter

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

His Holiness the Dalai Lama you have email from Jailhouselawyer

His Holiness the Dalai Lama you have email from Jailhouselawyer

He even looks a bit like me when I wear my glasses, must get some material in those colours to make the image complete

Your Holiness

I am online Jailhouselawyer a blogger who supports your struggle in Tibet. And post pro Tibet stories. And anti-China ones when it warrants it. However, when it comes to Hong Kong, and prisoners votes, China is ahead of the UK in relation to this human right.

The UK has failed to honour its obligations under the European Convention, to abide by the Articles in the Convention, specifically, Article 3 of the First Protocol, to hold free and fair elections. 60,000+ convicted prisoners are denied their human right to vote in the UK General Election. And 80,000+ in the European Election. The UK has also failed to abide by the decision of the ECtHR in Hirst v UK(No2).

Therefore, will you please speak out against the UK government for its abuse of human rights in this case?

And, can you please ask why no university has yet offered me a honorary doctorate in prison law? I feel I have earned it for my long walk to freedom, and still I am a prisoner on life licence.

Yours most humbly

John Hirst

No comments: