Site Meter

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Firefox why don't you sort it out?

Firefox why don't you sort it out?

Several times today I have got the message "Firefox has encountered a problem and needs to close". It is so frustrating. All I am doing is visiting my regular sites such as the Telegraph and Guardian. I tolerated this intrusion up to a point. However, I draw the line when having composed a lengthy response to whether Peter Sutcliffe should be released, hit the post comment button only to lose all my hard work when this struck again "Firefox has encountered a problem and needs to close".

The problem I have encountered is with Firefox!

Sort it!

5 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

so glad to see that I am not the only one having trouble with firefox.... :-(

jailhouselawyer said...

Sally: I swear a lot, bloody computer, and sometimes almost swipe it one when it plays up. I just wish they could operate as fast as my brain!

CherryPie said...

I think it might be a windows update problem...

A lot of people have had the same problem as you. I have been a bit lax in installing my latest windows updates and I haven't had the problem!

jailhouselawyer said...

Cherrypie: If that is the problem as you suggest, I am stuck with it because I did not pay Bill Gates for my copy of Windows, and the downside is when you try to upgrade Microsoft informs you that you are operating a pirate copy and they will not upgrade you unless you pay the licence fee.

Anonymous said...

Open up a "notepad" window and type your stuff in there first. Then copy and paste it into firesox. I have learned to do this in many sites which play up and believe you me, this problem occurs in T'internet Exploder too. Upshot is that you can re-enter your text into any bwowser you like afterwards.

Nice to be back home.