Site Meter

Friday, February 27, 2009

I've heard some crap in my time but this takes the biscuit

I've heard some crap in my time but this takes the biscuit

"Victim impact statements were read to the court by the prosecuting counsel, including statements from each of the younger boys' mothers.

One of the mothers said that this experience had been "absolute agony" for her son, who has since received counselling for post traumatic stress disorder.

The other mother spoke of her pride at her son's willingness to testify about what had happened. She described her son as a sensitive boy who had "lost his innocence"
".

1. For God's sake missus! If the kid suffered any agony at all it was probably from you having a go at him and making him feel bad! Post traumatic stress disorder, my arse! He didn't go through the fucking Vietnam war!

2. Growing up is all about losing innocence. Your kid consented to having his little willy tickled. Get over it.

If I didn't have such a bad opinion of the care system, I might have suggested that both kids be put in care away from their overbearing and over caring mothers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does indeed. And the "soggy" biscuit at that.

There are very few details in the story admittedly, but why is the 14 year old acused of having sexually abused the two 10 year olds and not the other way around.

Wthout more facts at hand, to me, it simply sounds like a case of 3 kids playing soggy biscuit.

Is it simply that the eldest is always responsible?

I think if anything, slapped wrists would have sufficed, unless there was real violence or intimidation (which I'm sure would have been mentioned if it existed) I'm perplexed at the courts wasting time on what is fairly normal adolescent behaviour.