Site Meter

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Speech

I have just finished my speech in preparation for this. Now I am celebrating with a second triple Bells whisky and Coke and ice. It is, after all, the Weekend and I think I deserve it. I will post the speech once I have delivered it and get the first opportunity to do so. It is on the theme I was given, however, I suspect that it does not conform to the 4 bullet points. In any event, I have my own style of writing and don't go in much for conformity. The theme is really about the mainstream media. I think the blogosphere has moved things on a bit since then and I have included it in my speech. It is pertinent, especially as some of the blog posts I have read recently have accused the MSM of ignoring or killing stories relating to Iraq and Iraqi prisoners, or Guantanamo Bay, whereas it has played up the predicament of Paris Hilton. I think this was worth highlighting, and not just that prisoners generally get a bad press. I think we know that already.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"accused the MSM?"

http://www.ogreland.me.uk/Personel.htm

jailhouselawyer said...

Ron: Get with it Main Stream Media...

BTW, I tried the link and it was not recognised by Google...

Anonymous said...

It is a straight link. Just copy and paste it into your address bar. (not google)

jailhouselawyer said...

I did that and got it, one mentioned Hucker and I cannot remember who the other guy was. What's the connection?

Anonymous said...

His band is called MSM, clearly marked on the page!

jailhouselawyer said...

Sorry Ron, like the judge, allegedly, I only gave it a quick flash and must have missed it...