Site Meter

Friday, June 22, 2007

There and back

Well, I'm back home again. I knew when I booked the train tickets that the Hull to Manchester Picadilly and the Manchester to Milton Keynes trains only had ten minutes each way to catch the connections and this worried me a bit. As it happens, going the train was fifteen minutes late and I missed the connection, and coming back the train was twenty five minutes and missed the connection again. This pissed me off a bit as it added an hour each way to my journey. Then the announcement apologising for the delay and inconvenience. I had to pay thirty pence to go for a piss at Manchester, six shillings for a piss, I remember when going to spend a penny actually meant that. No smoking on the trains, no smoking on the stations, no smoking at the Open University in Milton Keynes. There were opportunities for breaks during the conference sessions, still I found myself popping out every now and then during the sessions for a smoke. I will give you a summary of the conference in another post.

When I got home and searched my case for my jeans with my house keys I realised that I had left them in Milton Keynes. So, I had to do a break in (it was like old times). Luckily, my friend who had been looking after Rocky left a key on the dining room table before he went away himself. Unfortunately, I will need a pane of glass to replace the one I had to break to get in.

No comments: