Site Meter

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jailhouselawyer joins the BBC World Service

As a result of Nich Starling/Norfolk Blogger asking Is madness ever an excuse for murder?, and me leaving a comment, the BBC World Service emailed me to ask whether I would take part in their programme at 6pm tonight which covers the story that has Nich all hot under the collar.

I don't suppose verity or geoff (two numpties who post comments on Iain Dale's Diary) will be listening?

UPDATE: I thought the programme went well, however, I would like to listen to it again because when you are in the middle of it there are bits that could be missed. The producers said that they were happy about the programme, and received a lot of emails as it was going out live and received some feedback shortly afterwards. The World Have Your Say blog has received 80+ comments and can be read here. As one commenter observes there are quite a few from people who display ignorance of the subject, however, there are also those who provide food for thought.

Listen to the podcast here.

5 comments:

Nich Starling said...

They asked me to contact them, which I did, but they then phoned me back too late just as I was about to bath my son (literally just about to put him in the water) so I had to decline the interview.

I am pleased you got to make your point as you have a unique insight in to these issues.

jailhouselawyer said...

Hi Nich: It is a pity your timing was out, as one of the guests pulled out at the last second and I would have liked to have heard what you had to say. I doubt you could have done a worse job than Guido on Newsnight again! At least you did not throw your son off a balcony. And, I hope you did not throw him out with the bath water?

GingerSnaps said...

Congrat-u-freakin-lations! :)

Barnacle Bill said...

A positive contribution there John, well done, and I look forward to hearing more from you on the World Service.

Anonymous said...

A lot of uneducated and opinionated email/text commenters on that program. Hope they all manage to keep their cool in a similar situation.