Site Meter

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blogger who wrote about killing Girls Aloud cleared

Blogger who wrote about killing Girls Aloud cleared



A blogger who was charged with obscenity after he wrote an erotic story detailing the kidnap, sexual torture and murder of the pop group Girls Aloud was cleared at court yesterday after prosecutors offered no evidence against him.

Darryn Walker's case was the first time that the 1959 Obscene Publications Act had been applied to written material on the internet. His case was regarded as a test which could have had far-reaching ramifications for bloggers and publishers of online fiction.

But yesterday, on what was supposed to be the first day of Mr Walker's trial, the case was abandoned following the introduction of evidence from an information technology expert.


He maybe a perv, but freedom of speech prevailed. Incidentally, Tim Owen was the first barrister to take up my prison law cases way back in the early 1990s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So can I now write an erotic story about hitting Gordon Brown over the head with a lead-filled gollywog detailing the immense pleasure that doing such would give me? No, I thought not. (I'll get me coat.....)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea..I will also get my coat.




IRONSIDE