Site Meter

Friday, December 31, 2010

Ouch!

Ouch!



Last night as I was going through which lump of wood to saw up for the fire, that I had rescued from a skip, a large piece of 4 x 2 fell down and landed on my left big toe (I know the photo shows a bandaged right big toe!). I writhed in agony on the floor for 15-20 minutes, as tears welled up in my eyes, and feared that at first it might be broken and considered calling for the First Response Team. Crawling back into the lounge I managed to remove my slipper and sock and saw that it was badly bruised. After awhile I picked up the courage to test whether I could move my big toe, and as I could I realised that at least it was not broken. When I took Rocky out for his morning walk it was quite painful and meant I was limping along.

2 comments:

James Higham said...

What the State and Media couldn't do to you, a lump of wood could.

Isn't it always the way?

CherryPie said...

Ouch indeed!