Site Meter

Monday, April 30, 2012

Broken windows theory

Broken windows theory


On Saturday night at 8.15 I heard a bang on the front door and believing this to be the result of a stone throwing attack I glanced up at the CCTV monitor which confirmed my belief. I saw a couple of young kids 10-12 years of age. Previously, the police had advised that I don't go out when so threatened. I responded that if I don't then they will only end up breaking a window. Nevertheless I accepted the police advice.

I watched helplessly as one of the kids threw another stone which broke one of the lounge windows.

I dialled 999 and asked for the police.

Approximately 12.15pm on Sunday I received a visit from two police officers.

Why is it an ambulance is supposed to arrive within 8 minutes of a 999 call, and the police response takes 16 hours?

1 comment:

CherryPie said...

This reminds me of an occasion some years ago when I heard the breaking glass in a property on the other side of the railway line to where I lived.

The property was in the process of being built.

The police station was almost next door to where the damage was being done, so they could have stopped it in moments and caught the culprits...

I phoned the local police station and I was told to phone 999!!!

I didn't really see much point in that...