Site Meter

Friday, March 16, 2007

Autobiographical notes

I am happy to announce that this afternoon, I finished typing up chapter one (19 pages)of the first part of my two book autobiography, and emailed it to the publisher The Friday Project. If they are happy with it, we will go to the contract stage. Apart from the difficulty of transposing it from the handwritten page into type, I kept going back and reliving parts of my life which slowed the whole process down somewhat. The happier parts were not so bad, the sadder parts were like trudging through sludge and hard going. I decided to include extracts from official records, and it suddenly dawned upon me that they recorded the difficulties and problem behaviour whilst I was living with my foster parents, and recorded that these were not present when I was in the care of Dr Barnardo's Homes. This discrepancy does not accord with my memory, but I will wait until the end and have thought about it some more before deciding whether it is my memory or the official records which tell the more accurate tale.

No comments: