Site Meter

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The trial of Iain Dale - will he choose to plead the 5th?

People being people they will have different thoughts and ways of expressing themselves on issues. I am aware that a spat developed between Guido and Tim Ireland and that somehow Iain Dale became involved in it. Recently, the Tim Ireland/Iain Dale war of words occupied time on 18doughtystreet.com. Then, when Iain finds he cannot win, he refers to Tim in a style from Hogwarts school and the Harry Potter novels "He who's name cannot not be spoken". It is rather childish.

Last night on Blogger TV, Zoe Anne Phillips gave my blog a plug and I imagined Iain Dale and some of his sock puppets spluttering upon hearing this. Give Zoe her due, I have criticised her in the past but she takes it in her stride and does not appear to hold it against me. This morning, I read Iain Dale's blog and a part of this post caught my attention, in particular, "I think I'd better get him on 18 Doughty Street for an interview". 'Mmmmm', I thought, 'what about the time Iain Dale invited me and nothing came of it'? I feel it is a question deserving of an answer. As if by magic, I go down my links and visit Tim Ireland's new attack blog, he is asking basically the same question. Whilst I was reading it, Tim emailed me to notify me that he has posted a question for Iain Dale to answer.

I suspect that Iain Dale will choose to plead the Fifth Amendment. However, now that it is out in the open, perhaps he will have the decency to respond?

UPDATE: Speaking of the devil, Chris Paul has this alternative view of an Iain Dale "Exclusive". If the comment is genuine from the Guardian then it appears that they will be treating what Iain Dale says with a pinch of salt and the Torygraph may follow suit.

UPDATE UPDATE on "Dale-Gate" here.

No comments: