Site Meter

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another day in court

Another day in court

I went to the Crown Court this morning to enter a plea of not guilty to the charge of having a dog dangerously out of control, and assault. My barrister, Mark George, was ok although we did have a minor disagreement over whether he should apply to vary my bail conditions. He did not want to ask the judge to change the condition which prohibited me from approaching all the Park Rangers, but I thought it was important to allow us to conduct a proper defence to the charges. Rather, he wanted to approach the council for the information. I could see that approach might prove more difficult than me speaking to those I know by sight if not by name. In the event, Mark George followed my instructions and the conditions of bail now allow me to go into Pearson Park but not with Rocky.

The judge was alright and appeared to be bemused by the whole affair and kept making wry humorous remarks. It is a pity that he will not be sitting on the trial. There is a danger of taking this whole affair too seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit that the huge dangerous Rotweiler that you posess is indeed a danger to the general public. Shame that the poor park keeper is such a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Devonshire Dumpling said...

Is Rocky ok? Raki wants to know. I think Rocky is a big danger to hogging the sofa and being spoilt by the local butcher and loved to bits. The park keeper is a wimp who obviously keeps cats and hates dogs.

Rocky RULES - ok??