Site Meter

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lighter sentences for 'desperate' thieves

Lighter sentences for 'desperate' thieves

"Burglars and thieves who steal to fund an addiction to drugs, gambling or drink could escape jail even if they target a vulnerable victim such as an elderly shopkeeper, under new official guidelines".

I am in debt. I am desperate. Instead of me going out and robbing to alleviate my suffering, and getting caught and it costing more to go through the Criminal Justice System, do you think the government will wipe out my debt like it does for Third World countries?

2 comments:

James Higham said...

They have to get the lawless society running somehow so they can then crack down and introduce ID cards.

jailhouselawyer said...

They've had ID cards in prison for years. The experiment proved successful time for those miscreants at large...