Site Meter

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Police killer Harry Roberts could be free within months

Police killer Harry Roberts could be free within months



The notorious police killer Harry Roberts could be freed from prison within months after serving 42 years in jail.

Roberts, who was jailed for life for the murder of three unarmed policemen in a west London street, has already completed the first stage of a Parole Board hearing, which he believes will pave the way for his release, it has been reported.

The killer hopes a final hearing will find that he is no longer a risk to the public and will order his immediate release.

He has already served 12 years more than the minimum sentence recommended by his trial judge.


Roberts himself insists he is no longer a risk to the public and he has been punished sufficiently for the crimes he committed as a 30-year-old man.

"I'm not Harry Roberts, police killer. I'm Harry Roberts, old-age pensioner," he said last year at Littlehey Prison, Cambridgeshire. "I want to get out of prison and make something of the last years of my life. I can understand why the families of the three policemen could never forgive me and wouldn't want me released. But I feel I've served my time".

Good old Harry. Best of luck this time around mate.

UPDATE: Poor old Harry stitched up again!

7 comments:

LCFC Nick said...

FREE THE OLD MAN!!
HARRY DESERVES HIS LAST FEW YEAR FREE!!!

JuliaM said...

Nothing to say about the revelations in the 'Mail' this morning...?

How.....surprising....

jailhouselawyer said...

Just reading it as it happens. Sounds like a lot of allegations without proof and a concerted campaign to keep him in prison.

JuliaM said...

Yeeeeess. Of course it does... ;)

jailhouselawyer said...

You will note I have now posted my views on this story in the Sunday Mail.

Anonymous said...

Who's Hull's worst blogger?

jailhouselawyer said...

Anonymong: John Prescott!