Site Meter

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paddy Ashdown responds to the Independent's gaffe over Lord Ashcroft

Paddy Ashdown responds to the Independent's gaffe over Lord Ashcroft

Lord Ashdown of Belize

Lord Ashdown originally made his £1.1bn fortune

"Sir,

It is one thing deliberately to misrepresent my position on the Benefit Cap as you did last week, but quite another to mistake me with Lord Ashcroft the Tory funder of Belize fame, as you did yesterday in your front page lead of yesterday.

Please re-assure your readers that I am a quiet little herbivorous Lib Dem living living a life which offends no-one in a small cottage in Somerset and not a Tory supporter who "originally made his £1.1bn fortune " in Belize the "Caribbean state whose government was brought down by corruption scandals."

I am beginning to think you guys have it in for me!!"

Paddy

No comments: