Site Meter

Sunday, April 11, 2010

News on the home front

News on the home front

Yesterday Liana and her Latvian friend who lives next door did some gardening in the front garden, whilst I tidied up some indoors. It was a hot day and instead of cold drinks I was 'ordered' to buy a bottle of whisky. It seemed as if more drinking than work was getting done. A neighbour loaned us a fork, some other implement with four prongs for churning up the soil (a nut off it which Liana lost!), and a spade which Liana broke trying to dig up a stump and roots! Liana put all the garden waste in black bags in the wheelie bins for household waste and bottles and tins etc, Eastern Europeans tend to not understand the concept of recycling.

I did manage to vaccuum my bedroom and the stairs. I have to do the rest today ready for some media types coming tomorrow morning.

At some stage I was 'ordered' to go and get another bottle of whisky. About 6pm I suggested Liana take her friend home before she either passed out or was sick in the lounge. About 7pm I took Rocky for he evening walk in Pearson Park. Around 2pm I had taken Rocky for his afternoon walk, and met my local postman and his little daughter in the park. She stroked and hugged Rocky. I said to him, it was funny Rocky being the postman's worst enemy and the postman's daughter's best friend!

Whenever we have a dance or sex Rocky has to be shut out of the room because he is the jealous type and much as he loves us both he does try to break up the union by attempting to get in between us. Liana finally went home at 9.15pm to get some sleep before getting up at 5am to get to work for 6. It's no fun her working 6 days a week, but she said she needs the money...

1 comment:

James Higham said...

Ah, now that's more than interesting to me. Gardening, eh?