Site Meter

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Health update: My life is in my hands

Health update: My life is in my hands

I went to the hospital to have an X-ray, weight and blood pressure checked, and to see the consultant.

He said I could be discharged. Showed me that the shadow on my lung has disappeared. He said that the bout of pneumania just after Xmas was severe (I thought it was a mild bout!). He said I have to stop smoking (I am on patches at the moment), or the emphysema would finish me.

I have cutdown on the smoking. The pills did not work. Today I went from 7 until lunchtime before smoking...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the nicorette inhalators. they work.I have copd also so know what you feel and how you feel.Smoke free 3 years now thank God,

CherryPie said...

Maybe you just have to bite the bullet and go 'cold turkey' on the smoking. It will be a bumpy ride, but it will be worth it.

Eileen said...

I have been smoke free for over 2 years now. Very difficult, but can be done with will power.
Keep reminding yourself how ill you were when you reach for that next cig.
It's what I did!
Good luck.

Jenny said...

I was in your place years ago.. But hey I did it buddy and you too can.. Just consider if you would want to live longer and be able to spend more years with your loved ones.. :)

Anonymous said...

Try anything and everything. And reward yourself for every milestone. All the best!

louiseh