Site Meter

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tory blogger Iain Dale libels yet another Labour MP

Tory blogger Iain Dale libels yet another Labour MP

Tory blogger Iain Dale, who recently libelled Labour MP Tom Watson, has now gone and libelled another Labour MP called Brian Jenkins.

In spite of Bob Piper exposing the Young Conservative party fraudster, and myself bringing this to Iain Dale's attention in the comments section of his post, he has brazenly left the libel in place and I hope that this time Brian Jenkins sues the arse off Iain Dale. Last time it was Iain Dale writing in the Daily Mail and the Daily Mail paid out substantial damages to Tom Watson, however, Iain Dale escaped any financial penalty. Once again it is the Daily Mail at the centre of the libel. Whereas previously the Daily Mail repeated Iain Dale's libel, this time Iain Dale has repeated the Daily Mail libel.

Given that Iain Dale has recently been caught out bullying an Old Soldier, once more this displays what a hypocrite he is claiming that someone else is a bully!

UPDATE: Unity over at Liberal Conspiracy has also picked up the story.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your indignation would be a little easier to swallow if you actually named the correct newspaper. It was The Mail on Sunday that had to pay out "substantial damages" to Tom Watson, not its daily counterpart.

jailhouselawyer said...

Anonymong: Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Hull Daily Mail, The Evening Standard, are all the same company.

I am not indignant. I think it is funny when Iain Dale comes a cropper, because he has got on his high moral horse with me I am chuffed when he is found to inhabit the gutter.

Span Ows said...

...where's the libel?

I've also commented on Bob Pipers blog after your link at Conservative Home. If anyone is nearer libel it is Bob.

Span Ows said...

P.S. If you follow footy well done for staying up!

jailhouselawyer said...

Span Ows: "Prat", "Bully", "The Mail on Sunday reports", in the first two instances Iain Dale needs to prove his case and in the latter, it is no defence to repeat a libel published elsewhere.

The missing piece here is the so-called original letter. That's when my alarm bells started to ring.

I am not a sporting man. However, years ago I sort of supported Leeds Utd when they were doing well, and recently supported the Tigers on their promotion and when they do well. It's sort of addictive the spirit of the whole thing locally.

I saw your comment on ConHome. Bob's stats will have gone through the roof if his comment total is anything to go by. This is turning out to be quite a story. I cannot say that I am displeased with my stats for a Sunday...