Site Meter

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day with Jailhouselawyer

Boxing Day with Jailhouselawyer

During the afternoon of Christmas Eve, Liana and Victors popped into see me with my new electric kettle as a present. The old one finally gave up the ghost just before Xmas.

In the evening Humphrey and Kathleen visited to admire my fairy lights and decorations, have a glass of wine and put my stocking by the tree.

Later on, my new Latvian neighbours next door brought me some Latvian food samples to fare.

Christmas Day about lunch time Rocky and I went over to see Humph and Kathleen as they prepared their veggie meal, and I drank a couple of whiskies.

Then an afternoon drinking session at Liana's house.

In the evening they all came to mine to sample the duck and wine, sat by the coal fire. Rocky enjoyed the duck carcass.

I treated myself to The Best of Hull a double CD set for £5, featuring local artists and some tracks from named stars who have played in Hull recently. And, Kathleen bought me a Bob Dylan Christmas Songs CD. I now have 5 CDs of festive songs.

6 comments:

Charles Cowling said...

Here's wishing you well, John. This is a good time for dogs. My old bull terrier has been tucking into some plentiful leftovers. So here's to Rocky, too.

CherryPie said...

It sounds like you had a really fund day.

Devonshire Dumpling said...

What a nice day John, sounds like you and Rocky are enjoying yourselves.

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I contemplate the list inform should secure more info then it has.

James Higham said...

Humphrey actually leaves the beaten path? That really is something.

Anonymous said...

Belated greetings.

LA