Site Meter

Monday, December 07, 2009

This and that

This and that

Watching the local news tonight there was mention of the Nordmann Fir Christmas tree which retains its needles until after the festive period. Checking up on the internet I discovered it costs twice as much as an ordinary one at the same size. Given that it's cheaper to sweep up pine needles, I will stick with what I usually buy. Even this will cost about half of my weekly dole money. I like it to fill the gap in front of the bay window and tends to be almost floor to ceiling. Thursday is close enough to the 12 days before Christmas, I am thinking. But, it may have to wait until Friday or Saturday.

When I took Rocky for his walk tonight, I called into see my friends who got back from Sweden yesterday. Only Kathleen was in. "How was it?", I asked. Kathleen replied, "Humphrey said it was very Swedish"!

I managed to cadge £20 as I only had 77p to last until Thursday. I cursed the bankers with their fat bonuses! A 25g packet of tobacco, 500g tub of Stork, 1 litre of milk, 300g packet of cheap bacon, a large loaf of Warburton's bread, £10 on my gas card for the meter and the money was gone! I have had the gas central heating off for 3 days, and just warmed myself in front of the coal fire in the lounge. It still makes me angry that MPs could claim £100 per week for food allowance without providing receipts, especially given that the government has decided that all in I can survive on £55 per week!

1 comment:

Barnacle Bill said...

You want to nip up to the tradesman's entrance up at Two Pies mock Tudor palace to see if he has any crusts to spare for the poor.
Seriously though I do commiserate with you John, no wonder Labour MPs betray their own kind, they don't live in the real world anymore once they get their snouts in the parliamentary trough.