Site Meter

Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas quackers

Christmas quackers



I was watching the last episode of Countryfile on BBC1 and there was a report about our traditional Christmas Day lunch being a roast duck, until the 1970s when a breed of turkey was imported from the USA and we adopted this as our Christmas Day lunch. So, I decided I would stuff the Yanks and their turkey and return to our traditional fare. I ordered a duck from the butcher's to roast this Christmas. It is just a small one, at £10 and is supposed to feed 5 people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duck, you want Duck?

- she said from the land of fity million ducks, where you cannot find a restaurant that doesn't have Duck on the menu......where we eat Duck sausages, they even make Duck bacon for God's sake!

How many d'you want?

James Higham said...

Now who would those five be?

CherryPie said...

That will be one big duck!!!

I am rather partial to duck myself.

jailhouselawyer said...

Anna: LOL!

James: To be negotiated...

Cherrypie: Given the one shown on Countryfile would feed eleven people, it is small in comparison.