Site Meter

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ali Dizaei assaulted in prison

Ali Dizaei assaulted in prison

Jailed police commander had slop bucket poured over his head before being punched unconscious

Metropolitan police officer Ali Dizaei was attacked in prison and is now in seclusion. Photograph: Lewis Whyld/PA

Shamed police commander Ali Dizaei was assaulted while in prison, sources said today.

The senior Metropolitan police officer is serving a four-year jail sentence for assaulting and falsely arresting a young businessman before trying to frame him.

Another inmate at HMP Edmunds Hill, Suffolk poured a slop bucket over Dizaei's head on Monday, the Daily Mirror reported, and the former police officer was then punched in the face and knocked out.

The newspaper said the former police commander Dizaei was only moved to the jail on Friday amid fears for his safety, and is now in even safer quarters.

Dizaei was convicted earlier this month for his treatment of Waad al-Baghdadi, 24, and branded a "criminal in uniform" by the chairman of the Independent Police Complaints Commission, Nick Hardwick.

Dizaei could be officially sacked within weeks after Scotland Yard disciplinary proceedings are complete. He is appealing against his conviction.

A justice ministry spokeswoman said: "A prisoner at HMP Edmunds Hill was assaulted. Staff intervened and he was moved to a place of safety."


Officer down, back up needed...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonder they could tell the contents of the slop bucket apart from the man....

Anonymous said...

This is a dreadful story, I would imagine there are many many people out there who think this is funny, or exactly what this man deserves. He does not. Nobody deserves to be humiliated or violated regardless of what they may or may not have done.

What surprises me most is the attitude of serving police officers on their blogs, their comments are vitriolic, ignorant & bordering on racism. They still clearly remain 'unwitting' and show their mentality to society at large. Just because they are the police they believe they are set apart somehow and perfect, judging all. Some even infer they are entitled to slander and dehumanise someone just because they do not like them. It is all rather sickening.
http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/commander-ali-dizaei-is-a-crook-after-all-shock/

AliG said...

Anonymous at 2.14pm
GET A LIFE. Some people are the authors of their own misfortune. Dizaei has been writing the book for a long long time. Get back to your lentils and yoghourt!

Anonymous said...

Anon: I echo AliG. This piece of garbage abused his power and abused those underneath him.

He didn't mind dealing it, he shouldn't mind getting it dealt back to him.. His own phrase "I'm going to fuck your life right up" should spring to mind here. Or perhaps they should just let him out and give him his job back?

"Some even infer they are entitled to slander and dehumanise someone just because they do not like them. It is all rather sickening."

YES! I agree! Thats just what HE did!

Anonymous said...

Do I feel sorry for him yes, because he is suffering and he has lost his life. 4 years in jail and even after his release, there will be nothing left of his previous life, all that will be left is shame. Do I think he deserves his prison sentence, absolutely. He was a corrupted man, who was abusing his power, placing himself above the law. Parking his car on double yellow line, not paying for his meals at the restaurant and not wanting to pay for the website. These are only a few minor incindents that the media has been highlighting. I am sure he has abused his power in many other ways too. I believe in Karma, what comes around goes around. I am glad we live in a society where people like him can't get away with unlawful behaviour.

Anonymous said...

Ali Dizaei was found guilty of sexual discrimination and victimization against me in 1996! I never got an apology. I lost my job! He got promoted and sent to the Met Police, who didn't even know of his conviction! The man was a bully and a liar from the beginning of his career when I worked with him. He openly admitted that if anyone got in his way he would, "Pull the race card" and he did. I told Thames Valley Police about him 20 years ago but they didn't want to know. I was also on the accelerated course and lost my position because of this man. If I had stayed I would have ensured there was a zero tolerance policy on all discrimination both within and without the police service. Guess they just weren't ready for a decent police officer. Now I am forced to live on a measley pension which they intend to reduce. However, I am glad he has revealed what he truly is to the world. My only regret is that I didn't get to pour the bucket of excrement over him myself!!!! I want to shake that man's hand and give him a hug! Thank you God that there is justice in the world!!!!!