Site Meter

Monday, February 22, 2010

Do you want to know a secret?

Do you want to know a secret?



I'm sat, in my view, on the biggest story of the forthcoming general election.

This big story is separate from this story which has to be put on hold until the 1st of March. In the latter case, a politician's career may well be in jeopardy. For him, it may seem like the end of the world. But in the grander scheme of things, it is relatively minor.

I think people have a natural inclination to pass on information they have heard in secret. Which may explain why there is such a thing as a News embargo. Being a blogger I am just the same as a journalist in the MainStreamMedia, when a story is unearthed the idea is to rush and publish before anyone else gets wind of it. On the one hand is the publish and be damned approach, and on the other is the obligation to honour an embargo. There is another element, public interest. Whilst bloggers may not be under the same restriction as the MSM in relation to embargos, there is still doing the honourable thing, especially when the request is supported by genuine reasons for holding off spilling the beans.

Now the main story. I am still piecing it together, and will publish it as soon as I am ready. With this story, I am fully in control.



All I do know is, when the elephant takes a shit it will leave the biggest mess Parliament has had to clean up since the time of King Charles the First. Without doubt we are heading for a constitutional crisis which involves the three arms of the State: Executive, Judiciary, and Parliament.

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

Personally I do believe in the code of honour and the news embargo.

I have had to deal with that on several occasions in relation to my Trade Union activities.

There is a time and a place and by adhering to that, the greatest result are achieved in the long run.

tino said...

We are waiting with baited breath!